The Farming in Protected Landscapes Programme seeks to provide investment in protected landscapes to help deliver outcomes for the environment, people and place by working in partnership with farmers.
It is open to all farmers and land managers (including from the private, public and charity sectors) in the North Wessex Downs National Landscape or where activity on the ground can bring benefit to the National Landscape. Other organisations and individuals can apply as long as they do this in collaboration with a farmer or land manager, or in support of a farmer or group of farmers.
You can see the boundary of the National Landscape (designated AONB) by visiting the MAGIC mapping website. Click on ‘designations’, ‘land-based designations’ and then ‘Areas of Outstanding Natural Beauty England.’
The programme will run from July 2021 to March 2025 and will be delivered by farmers and land managers in partnership with the North Wessex Downs National Landscape on farmed or managed land. Funding will support groups and individuals proposing projects and approved by the FiPL Officer or Local Assessment Panel.
FiPL in the North Wessex Downs 2022-25
DEFRA has recently confirmed an additional one-year extension to the Programme to 2025.
Of each allocation a proportion may be spent on Admin, and Advice and Guidance.
- Our overall allocation for FY 22/23 was: £691,979
- Our overall allocation for FY 23/24 is: £1,029,835
- Our overall allocation for FY 24/25 is: £1,354,098
Applications can now be accepted at any point in the year, but please contact the office to discuss deadlines in place for a specific meeting. All work needs to be undertaken by the end of the financial year in which the grant is awarded.
Before you apply:
- Review the information on this page, in the Guidance to Applicants document, and to help generate more ideas and build better projects watch the webinar below and read the supplementary information.
- Contact the Farming in Protected Landscapes Officer JemimaSellwood@northwessexdowns.org.uk for advice on the programme including to discuss your ideas, the payment rates and intervention rates for your project.
- OR submit an Enquiry Form to JemimaSellwood@northwessexdowns.org.uk
How you apply
FiPL staff will send you an application form for you to complete and return to the FiPL Officer.
Once you have applied
You should expect to hear back from your FiPL team within 10 working days of your application being submitted.
This is for information only. Please do not fill this form in before you have discussed your project with the North Wessex Downs AONB team and you have been advised to apply.Sample-Application-Form-NWD-AONB-Farming-in-Protected-Landscapes.pdf