An archetypical English market town in the rural north east corner of Wiltshire with the River Kennet running through it and surrounded by the glorious countryside.
Top ten things to do in Marlborough?
- The Blue Plaque walk – there are ten blue plaques and the walk takes about 45 minutes
- Visit The Merchant’s House: a 17th Century former silk merchants home now housing a museum & shop
- Head over to St Peters church – you can book a tower tour through their website
- Experience Marlborough’s cafe culture
- Indulge in retail therapy: lots of independent retailers, many hidden away in nooks & crannies off the High Street
- Wander along the River Kennet for some downtime
- Visit the Wagon Yard artists who open up their workshop and gallery every Saturday
- Go antique shopping
- Catch a movie at Marlborough’s state of the art cinema housed in a beautifully renovated Georgian chapel
- Head on up to the Common for a picnic via The Green which is edged by charming listed buildings
Visit the Marlborough Tourist Information web pages for information about and links to all these activities and organisations.
Image: Marlborough High Street Credit: Great West Way