A circular walk around Sheepdrove Organic Farm along some of the drovers’ roads, footpaths and farm tracks that criss-cross this 2,000-acre mixed farm. We’ll pass pasture, arable, young woodland, agroforestry fields, a rewilding project and chalk downland, while listening out for the corn buntings and skylarks who flourish in the mixed farming downland landscape.
We’ll enjoy the glorious views across the surrounding open, rolling hills to the distinctive horizon of the Lambourn Downs with its skyline shelterbelts, hill-top beech clumps and clear ridge lines. Archaeologist and Lambourn resident, Bob Brewer, will be on hand to shed light on this ancient landscape.
Once back at the farm, there’ll be the chance to extend the walk with a short circuit to visit the constructed wetlands and ancient woodland at Nut Wood. You are welcome to bring food and drink and picnic in the courtyard, herb garden or on the paddock behind the events venue.
NOTE: This walk is currently fully booked but you can join a waiting list
through the booking system.
Walk leader/organisation: Rosie Kindersley, Sheepdrove Organic Farm
- Booking: Free – Booking essential – 25 places
- Distance & approximate duration: 3.3 miles (5.4 km) – 2 hours
- Difficulty: Fairly easy (some gentle inclines, steps/stiles).
- Accessibility: Suitable for older children (12+). Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult (see useful information). Not suitable for wheelchairs.
- Dogs: Dogs on leads welcome
- Refreshments: Bring drinks and snacks as needed. Walkers are welcome to picnic on the Farm after the walk.
- Toilets: There are toilets and accessible facilities on the ground floor of the events venue at the Farm.
- Meeting point: Sheepdrove Organic Farm, Sheepdrove Road, Lambourn, Hungerford, Berkshire. No useful postcode available. What3Words: lunching.sympathy.germinate. OS grid reference: SU 358 817.
- Public transport: No bus services on Sundays. Lambourn village is 3 miles from the Farm and events venue.
- Parking: A free car park, with disabled spaces and an electric charger, is available alongside the events venue at the Farm. Please car share whenever possible to help reduce the environmental impact of travel to Sheepdrove.
For general booking information, health and safety advice, terms and conditions please see our useful information page.
Sheepdrove Organic Farm is a 2,000 acre mixed organic farm on the Lambourn Downs. Sheepdrove is home to a sustainable and environmentally sound events venue that welcomes weddings, meetings, training days, music recitals and celebrations of life. Our beautiful, natural burial wood offers a peaceful setting for a green funeral. Farm stays are available in a renovated farm building and a secluded off-grid, lakeside boat house. See Sheepdrove Organic Farm.
This walk is brought to you by our partner: