Please Note: this walk has already happened.
An interesting walk, starting and ending in the village of Pewsey. The walk goes to Wiltshire Wildlife Trust’s Jones’s Mill Nature Reserve – a very special wetland nature reserve with the River Avon running through. From there, the walk continues along the Kennet & Avon Canal to Pewsey Wharf and then back into Pewsey village centre.
Walk Leader/organisation: Susie from the Pewsey Vale Tourism Partnership
- Booking:Free (but donations on the day to CLIC Sargent (Children’s Leukaemia Charity) would be welcome). 15 places – booking essential
- Distance & approximate duration: 3.5 miles – 2 hours
- Difficulty: Fairly easy (some gentle inclines, steps/stiles)
- Accessibility: Family friendly. Not suitable for wheelchairs or buggies.
- Dogs: Dogs on leads welcome
For general booking information, health and safety advice, terms and conditions please see our useful information page.
- Meeting point: Bouverie Hall, SN9 5ES. Meet at the entrance to the car park on Goddard Road. What3Words: iterative.combining.slam
- Public Transport:Mainline railway station at Pewsey, see www.gwr.com for timetable. For buses, see https://bustimes.org/localities/pewsey
- Parking: Bouverie Hall, SN9 5ES. Park in the car park (free)
- Nearby Refreshments: Bring a snack and drink for the walk. There are plenty of refreshment stops in Pewsey – http://www.visitpewseyvale.co.uk/food-drink
- Closest Toilets: Public toilets are available at Bouverie Hall Car Park
For more information about other walks and cycle rides in The Pewsey Vale, see https://www.visitpewseyvale.co.uk/things-to-do/.
For information on Jones’s Mill Nature Reserve, see https://www.wiltshirewildlife.org/joness-mill-the-vera-jeans-reserve-pewsey
This walk is brought to you by our partner: