Join ARK’s ARK (Action for River Kennet) Project officer Anna Forbes for a walk along the riverbanks of the Kennet and the adjoining water meadow. Stonebridge Wild River Reserve is a multi-award-winning site and is home to water vole, otter and kingfisher; as well as many lesser well known but equally fascinating creatures.
Wear wellies for a chance to explore the river and see up close the amazing invertebrates that live in a healthy chalk stream.
Boardwalks are suitable for wheelchairs, but the water meadow is dependent on weather conditions and type of wheelchair.
As seen on BBC2’s Britain in Bloom.
- Booking: £5.50 per adult £3 per child (under 16). Booking essential – 20 places
- Distance & approximate duration: 1 mile circular – 2.5 hours
- Difficulty: Easy, but with some uneven terrain
- Accessibility: Family friendly. Boardwalks are suitable for wheelchairs, but the water meadow is dependent on weather conditions and type of mobility scooter.
- Dogs: No dogs
- Nearby Refreshments: Cafes and pubs are a 10-minute walk into the town centre. The meadow is a perfect picnic location.
- Closest Toilets: George Lane car park in the town centre
- Meeting point: The wetland, Stonebridge Wild River Reserve, Marlborough (just off of Stonebridge Lane). From town, either walk along St Martin’s and turn right onto Stonebridge Lane or walk along London Rd and turn left up Stonebridge Lane (next to TH White). Approx. postcode SN8 1AX. Grid Ref SU194 692 What3Words: finger.slung.flaking
- Public Transport: Plenty of buses to Marlborough High Street (10 minutes away)
- Parking: No car park at the reserve; several car parks in the Town Centre, 5-10 minute walk
For general booking information, health and safety advice, terms and conditions please see our useful information page.
Wear wellies for a chance to get in the river to see the amazing invertebrates!
For more information on ARK (Action for River Kennet) see http://www.riverkennet.org/
This walk is brought to you by our partner ARK (Action for River Kennet):